A cold winter's day begs for a big pot of chicken soup simmering on the stove. So how about a paleo (and AIP-friendly!) soup recipe that satisfies that comfort food craving? Our AIP-Friendly Paleo Chicken Pot Pie Soup featuring Paleo Powder AIP is it.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound of cooked chicken, chopped
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 carrots, chopped
- 6 stalks of celery, chopped
- 5 cups of chicken broth (preferably bone broth)
- 2 cups of unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 cups of fresh broccoli, chopped (or 1 bag frozen chopped broccoli)
- 2 tablespoons of Paleo Powder AIP
- 3 large sweet potatoes, chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large dutch oven or stock pot, heat the extra virgin olive oil over medium heat. Add all vegetables except the broccoli. Cook until carrots and sweet potatoes are tender but still firm and onions are softened (7 to 10 minutes). Season with Paleo Powder AIP and cook another 1 to 2 to minutes.
- Add the chicken to the pan and stir well into the vegetable mixture.
- Pour in the chicken broth. Raise heat to medium high and bring to a simmer. Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and coconut milk to the pan. Reduce heat to medium and simmer covered an additional 10 minutes or until the broccoli is cooked. At this point the sweet potatoes should be soft and all the vegetables cooked.
- Taste for seasoning. If needed, add a little more Paleo Powder AIP and finish with freshly ground black pepper. Add salt if necessary.
Chef’s Tip: Liven up the soup even more by topping with fresh herbs like rosemary or chives.
Use our Store Locator to find Paleo Powder near you!