A hearty meal with pork chops, bacon and Brussels sprouts - and it's AIP-friendly! Cooked up with our Paleo Powder AIP, this meal is flavor-packed. Serve it up for the fam or fix for a crowd, and it's dinner success.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 4 large thick cut bone in pork chops (about 1 inch thick)
- 1 medium to large apple (gala or golden delicious are favorites)
- 6 strips thick cut sugar free bacon cut into chunks 1 pound Brussels sprouts, halved
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1-2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoons Paleo Powder AIP
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
*All ingredients are intended to be AIP-friendly
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Toss vegetables in a large bowl with the extra virgin olive oil. Set aside.
- Season your pork chops with the Paleo Powder AIP. Let marinade and come to room temperature.
- Cook bacon in a large oven-safe skillet (we recommend an iron skillet) on medium to medium low heat until crispy. Remove bacon from the pan, drain on a paper towel. Set aside.
- Keeping the heat the same, add apples, onion, and garlic to skillet. Saute about 5 minutes until the apples are soft and the onions are translucent. Remove from the skillet and set aside. (Make sure to keep the delicious pan drippings in the skillet!)
- Turn the heat up to medium to medium high and sear the pork chops on each side until golden brown (about 4 to 5 minutes) on each side. Remove pork chops from the skillet and set aside. Turn the heat off the pan.
- Return the apple mixture, Brussels sprouts and bacon to the skillet.
- Rest pork chops on top of Brussels sprout mixture.
- Put into the oven and let roast roughly 20 minutes.
- Take pork skillet out of oven and let the pork chops rest about 5 minutes.
- Plate and eat.
Use our Store Locator to find Paleo Powder near you!