AIP Plantain Chip Crusted Chicken with Cranberry ‘aioli’
Autoimmune Protocol Compliant
Prep time: 15 mins | Cook time: 15 mins | Yield: about 4 servings
- 1 lb chicken breasts, cut into ½ to ¾ inch thick slices
- 1 cup plantain chips
- ⅓ cup Paleo Powder AIP Grain-Free Breadless Breading
- ½ cup light coconut milk
- Cranberry ‘aioli’: ¼ cup cranberry sauce + 2 Tbsp coconut milk + ½ tsp garlic powder, mixed.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and place a baking rack on a large cookie sheet.
- Put the plantain chips in a resealable plastic bag, close it, and crush the plantain chips with your hands (or use a measuring cup). You want most of the chips to be completely crushed, but leave a few smaller pieces for crunch.
- Combine the plantain chips and Paleo Powder AIP Grain-Free Breadless Breading in a shallow, medium-sized bowl. Place the coconut milk in a separate bowl.
- Dip each piece of chicken in the coconut milk, then transfer to the plantain chip + breadless breading bowl and toss to coat. Move the ‘breaded’ chicken to the baking rack, and repeat with each piece.
- Bake for about 15-17 minutes, depending on the size of your slices, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Here, served with roasted brussels sprouts, baked sweet potato, and AIP cranberry ‘aioli’ for dipping!
Recipe notes: You could also use leftover sliced turkey (from Thanksgiving or other holidays!) for this recipe! Follow steps 2-4 to ‘bread’ the meat, and then flash fry in a large skillet with olive or coconut oil for a few minutes per side, just until the crust is browned.