Cauliflower Steaks with Avocado Smash
Paleo Powder Almond Seasoned Coating Mix brings a whole new taste to cauliflower steaks.
- 1 large cauliflower
- ¾ cup Paleo Powder Almond Coating Mix
- 2 medium eggs
- 2 avocados
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- Juice from 1 lime
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut off any excess leaves and tough outer pieces from the cauliflower stem. Make vertical slices about ¼ inch thick. If some portions of the cauliflower start to crumble or break off, just make smaller steaks from them.
- Whisk the eggs in a shallow bowl. Pour the coating mix into a dish. Dip the cauliflower steaks in the eggs and dredge them in the coating mixture. Once covered in the coating mix, lay them on a parchment-covered sheet pan.
- Bake the cauliflower for 10-15 minutes, then flip them over and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until they are golden.
- While the cauliflower is baking, make the avocado smash. Scoop out the insides of the avocado into a bowl and mash them together with the back of a fork. Add the lime juice and a pinch of salt and mix to the consistency of your liking. Fold in the red onion and cilantro.
Serve the cauliflower steaks with the avocado mash and enjoy.
Use our Store Locator to find Paleo Powder near you!