Herb Smashed Potatoes and Asparagus
- 1.5 lbs. potatoes (we used small red potatoes)
- 12 oz. asparagus, cut into 2” pieces
- 5 Tbsp. olive oil or avocado oil
- 3 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 Tbsp. Paleo Powder Herbed Salt Free All Purpose Seasoning
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 2 tsp. chopped basil
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Once boiling, carefully place potatoes into the water. Boil until potatoes are just fork tender, then let potatoes cool in the water for 5-10 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and rinse them with cool water. Lay out two pieces of parchment and gently smash each of the potatoes with your hand between the parchment so they lay in flat disks around ½” thick.
- In a large bowl, combine the oil, garlic, Paleo Powder Herbed Salt Free All Purpose Seasoning, parsley, basil and lemon juice. Carefully toss the potatoes and asparagus in the oil mixture.
- Lay out the vegetables on a parchment-covered sheet pan and roast for 10 minutes. Flip vegetables over and roast for another 5-10, or until golden. Garnish with parsley and/or basil and serve.
Use our Store Locator to find Paleo Powder near you!