- 1 lb. flank steak
- 1 Tbsp. Paleo Powder AIP All Purpose seasoning, divided
- 1 large head romaine lettuce
- 1 can artichoke hearts, rinsed and drained
- 2 roasted red peppers, cut into strips (sub 1 cup sliced red onion for AIP)
- 1/2 lb. cherry tomatoes, halved (sub 1 cup sliced radishes for AIP)
- 1 cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 Tbsp. avocado oil
- Handful fresh basil
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Place a seasoned cast iron grill pan in the oven to heat up. Sprinkle 2 teaspoons of the Paleo Powder AIP Seasoning blend on the flank steak.
- Toss the cubed sweet potatoes in the avocado oil and sprinkle with salt. Arrange them on a parchment covered sheet pan and roast for about 20-25 minutes, or until they’re golden.
- When the grill pan is very hot, place it on the stovetop over medium heat. Spray it with avocado oil and then place the steak on top. Grill the steak for 2 minutes on each side, then transfer the pan to the oven. Cook time will vary based on the thickness of the steak, but remove it when your meat thermometer reads about 135 degrees Fahrenheit. Let the steak rest for 10 minutes prior to slicing it thinly.
- To make the dressing, combine the olive oil, balsamic vinegar and remaining Paleo Powder spice. Arrange the salad with the artichoke hearts, roasted red pepper, tomatoes and lettuce. Add the sliced steak and toss the salad with the vinaigrette. Top with some of the roasted sweet potatoes and garnish with fresh chopped basil.
Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device