Low FODMAP-FRIENDLY Paleo BBQ Chicken Tacos & Fries
These BBQ chicken tacos are served up with a sweet and tangy sauce for an awesome flavor experience. Paleo Powder FODMAP spices up the chicken to compliment the BBQ sauce coating.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Chicken Tacos & Fries
- 4–6 chicken thighs (if on the small size use 6) -or- a small rotisserie chicken
- 1–2 tablespoons Paleo Powder FODMAP
- 1 pack of your favorite low-FODMAP tortillas (we like Siete Family Foods grain-free tortillas)
- 1 large sweet potato, cut into fries
- 1–2 russet potatoes, cut into fries
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces shredded carrots
- 1/4 dried unsweetened cranberries
- 1–2 green onions, sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
BBQ Sause & Fry Sauce
- 1–2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup compliant mayonnaise (we like Primal Kitchen Mayo with Avocado Oil)
*All ingredients are intended to be low-FODMAP- friendly
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Sprinkle chicken thighs with 1 tablespoon Paleo Powder FODMAP and roasting on a baking sheet for 30 minutes or until the juices run clear (skip if using rotisserie chicken).
- While chicken thighs roast, begin the slaw. In a medium-sized bowl, toss the carrots, cranberries, sliced green onions, apple cider vinegar and honey together until well combined. Cover and refrigerate while preparing other ingredients.
- Remove chicken from oven and allow to cool. Once cool to the touch, shred and remove bones. Set to the side.
- Prepare the BBQ sauce. In a small bowl combine the tomato paste and maple syrup. Set aside.
- Turn oven up to 425 degrees.
- Prepare potatoes for the oven by tossing with the extra virgin olive oil and Paleo Powder FODMAP, then spread out in a single layer on a sheet pan. Roast for 20-30 minutes or until potatoes are as crispy as you like them.
- While fries are cooking make the fry sauce by combing the 1 tablespoon of the maple tomato paste mixture with the mayonnaise. Cover and chill.
- Heat one tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil in a medium to large size skillet add the chicken, toss the chicken with the remaining BBQ sauce in the skillet until the chicken is slightly crisp (5 to 7 minutes) but not overly browned.
- Warm your tortillas.
- Assemble tacos by adding the slaw to the tortilla first, topped with chicken, then drizzle with fry sauce. Serve with fries and additional fry sauce for dipping!
Use our Store Locator to find Paleo Powder near you!