Paleo Mushroom "Meatballs"
We’re a mostly meatless paleo household (because the vegetarian does most the cooking) and that ain’t always easy! So coming up with new and flavorful recipes that please both a veg-paleo and a paleo carnivore is critical to mealtime success. These meatless mushroom “meatballs” have so much flavor, such incredible texture and all the healthy goodness they are definite crowd-pleasers.
- 2 Portobello mushrooms
- 1 cup dried Porcini mushrooms (reconstituted)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Paleo Powder Original/Pink/Salt Free seasoning
- ¼ cup shredded carrots
- ½ cup toasted almond flour
- Optional: ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- 1 Tbsp Paleo Powder Herbed
- 1 large egg
- Finely chop Portobello and Porcini mushrooms.
- Place olive oil and mushrooms in skillet over medium-high heat and sprinkle with Paleo Powder Original/Pink/Salt Free.
- Once mushrooms have cooked down, add butter and carrots and cook until mushrooms are seared.
- Combine mushroom mixture and remaining ingredients: almond flour, Parmesan (if using) Paleo Powder Herbed, egg.
- Place in covered bowl in freezer for 10-15 minutes while preheating oven to 450 degrees.
- Remove mixture from freezer, form one-inch “meatballs” with hands and place on lined baking sheet.
- Place in oven for 12 minutes.