Smashed Plantains with Cilantro Sauce
- 2 large plantains
- 3 Tbsp. avocado oil
- 1 Tbsp. Paleo Powder Pink All Purpose Seasoning
- 3/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup red onion, minced
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- Juice from half a lime
- Combine the cilantro, red onion, olive oil and lime juice in a bowl. Season with salt to taste and set aside.
- Peel and slice the plantains into ¼-⅓” rings. Heat half of the avocado oil in a large pan over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, add half of the plantains to the pan. Allow the plantains to cook for about 1 minute, or until the underside is slightly golden. Flip them over and allow them to cook for another minute.
- Carefully transfer the plantains to a cutting board or sheet pan (you may want to remove the pan from the heat while you do this to prevent the oil from burning). Cover the plantain slices with parchment paper and smash them with a mallet so they are flat.
- Place the slices back in the pan and let them brown for about 30 seconds on both sides. When the last side is browning, sprinkle them with half of the Paleo Powder Pink All Purpose Seasoning and toss. Transfer the cooked and seasoned plantains to a plate. Repeat the above steps with the rest of the plantains. Serve the plantains with the cilantro sauce.
Use our Store Locator to find Paleo Powder near you!