Stuffed Acorn Squash
Try this winter favorite stuffed with a hearty medley of turkey and vegetables.
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 4 acorn squashes, halved with seeds removed
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil or ghee
- 1 apple, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 6 oz. cremini mushrooms, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Paleo Powder Pecan Coating Mix
- 1 Tbsp. chopped pecans
- 1 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Rub the acorn squash in ½ tablespoon of oil or ghee and place them cut-side down on a parchment-covered sheet pan.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until the flesh of the squash is soft but the exterior is still firm.
- Flip the squash halves cut-side up and allow them to cool slightly.
- While the squash is cooking, heat the remaining oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Once hot, add the chopped celery and carrot and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the cremini mushrooms and apples and stir.
- Add half of the coating mix and cook for an additional couple of minutes until the vegetables are tender, then add the ground turkey. Break up the turkey using a spoon in order to help brown the meat.
- Add the remaining coating mix and continue to saute until the turkey is fully cooked.
- Scoop out the flesh of 2 acorn squash halves and add them to the turkey mixture.
- Gently scoop out a very small amount of flesh from the remaining squash halves to create nice-sized wells for the filling. Stir the flesh of the squash into the turkey mixture along with the chopped parsley until it is well incorporated.
Scoop the turkey mixture into the wells of the acorn squashes. Bake the acorn squash halves at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes. Top the stuffed squash with chopped pecans.
Use our Store Locator to find Paleo Powder near you!